Bro. Tim Gamble is sharing a great weekly prayer. Tim puts out some great preparedness content and I am grateful that he has allowed me to share his weekly prayer here. You can find Tim’s preparedness articles by clicking here.
To visit Tim’s Prayer Page – click here.
In addition to continuing to pray for America, for the next few weeks I will be throwing out a special prayer challenge to motivate folks to start praying for those people around you that you ordinarily might not think to pray for…
Special Prayer Challenge: Pray for people you know throughout this week.
- Know someone (family, friend, neighbor, co-worker) who does not know God? Pray for their salvation – that God opens up their heart to a relationship with Him.
- Know someone who is struggling with alcohol or drug addiction. Pray for them by name – that God works in their life to help them overcome their addiction.
- Know any single parents? Pray for them by name – that God grant them the strength bear the responsibility of single parenthood, and the wisdom to raise good children.
- Know someone struggling with any form of sexual sin? Pray for them – that God gently corrects their sin and brings them back into accord with His will for their life.
- Know someone struggling with a job loss or financial problems? Pray for them.
- Know someone with serious health issues? Pray for them.
- Know an elderly or disabled person living alone? Pray for them.
- Know someone in prison? Pray for them.
God, we have sinned and deserve the just punishment for our sins as a nation who has rejected you in e very possible way. And yet, Lord, I cry out for mercy for myself, my family, and this nation. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christi, I pray. Amen. (This prayer is taken from the cartoon I shared on 8-7-2016.)
Our Father in heaven, have mercy upon these United States of America, according to Your lovingkindness and tender mercies. Blot out our transgressions, cleanse us of our sins. We acknowledge our transgressions, our many sins against You: We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away by our politicians and leaders. We have allowed Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have allowed the epidemics of abortion, pornography, and sexual immorality to fester out of control. We have allowed perversion, decadence, and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace.
As a nation, we have replaced the authority and perfection of Your Word with the whim of our own opinions for our standards of right and wrong. We no longer keep Your commandments, or follow Your teachings.
We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance – a returning to You – as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.