Bro. Tim Gamble is sharing a great weekly prayer. My friend, who has provided the weekly prayer in the past, suggested that I get permission to share Tim’s prayer. Tim puts out some great preparedness content and I am grateful that he has allowed me to share his weekly prayer here. You can find Tim’s preparedness articles by clicking here.
To my friend, DT, thank you for supplying the weekly prayers! I appreciate your faith! – TS
So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.” –Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
Don’t let that happen to America. Be willing to “stand in the gap” on behalf of our land. Pray for America!
1) Please continue to pray the Prayer For Forgiveness and Repentance of the United States
Save and protect, O Lord, these United States of America and have mercy on us. As a nation, we have turned our backs on you and have sinned. We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away. We have allowed the epidemic of abortion to fester out of control. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools, and Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have turned our backs on Your teachings. We no longer look to You and Your Word for our standards of right and wrong, replacing those absolute truths with the whim of our own opinions. We have allowed decadence and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace. Common decency has become a thing of the past. We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance – a returning to You – as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
Supporting Verse: “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” –2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
2) Please pray these Additional Prayers
- Remember, O Lord, and have mercy upon the whole clergy of Your Church, and grant them the wisdom and strength needed to boldly preach and do Your will during these perilous times.
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on President Obama, Chief Justice Robers, House Speaker Boehner, Senate Majority Leader McConnell, and all other political leaders of our nation. Grant them wisdom, so that they serve Your Will. Block any of their plots and schemes that run counter to Your good and perfect Will, or that threaten the inalienable rights You have given to us.
- Grant, O Lord, blessings and mercies to all current and former members of our armed forces. Protect them and keep them safe.
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on those who serve as police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, and other first responders.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the old, the young, the unborn, the needy and poor, the orphans and widows, the sick, the disabled, the oppressed and the imprisoned. Especially have mercy on those suffering for Your sake.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the State of Israel. Shield it with Your love, protect it, and let it know peace. Send Your light and wisdom to its leaders, and direct them with Your good counsel.
3) Watch this short Prayer from Iran. If you have never prayed a similar prayer, please pray with it:
4) Other Points to Pray About Today and Throughout the Week
- Thank God that the legislature of New Hampshire has defended Planned Parenthood in that state. Continue to pray that other states, as well as the US Congress, follow New Hampshire’s lead and strip Planned Parenthood of all public funding. .
- Continue to pray that God uses the ongoing news about Planned Parenthood and the selling of baby body parts to convict people of the evil of abortion.
- Continue to pray that the disastrous Iran nuclear deal be blocked by Congress, and that the evil Iranian regime be blocked from ever obtaining nuclear weapons.Thank God for those in Congress from both parties who are opposing the Iran Nuclear Deal.
- Pray for the safety and freedom of the dozens of Christian families captured by ISIS this past week in Syria.
5) “Homework” Assignments for the Week
- Please pray with a spouse, family member, or close friend this week. As the Bible says: “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” –Matthew 18:20 (ESV)
- This week’s gospel reading is Luke 5: 27-32.
- This week’s epistle reading is 2 Corinthians 7: 9-11.
- This week’s Old Testament reading is Psalm 130.
- Check back next Sunday for next week’s Patriots’ Prayers!
What is wrong with America goes well beyond politics & economics. It is a spiritual sickness which infects the USA. No politician, no election, no piece of legislation, will cure spiritual sickness. We must appeal to a Higher Authority for that kind of healing. Patriots’ Prayers is an ongoing feature appearing each Sunday. Please join me in praying for America.