Bro. Tim Gamble is sharing a great weekly prayer. Tim puts out some great preparedness content and I am grateful that he has allowed me to share his weekly prayer here. You can find Tim’s preparedness articles by clicking here.
Ezekiel 22:30 “So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.” –Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
Don’t let that happen to America. Be willing to “stand in the gap” on behalf of our land. Pray for America!
1) Please continue to pray the Prayer For Forgiveness and Repentance of the United States
Save and protect, O Lord, these United States of America and have mercy on us. As a nation, we have turned our backs on you and have sinned. We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away. We have allowed the epidemic of abortion to fester out of control. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools, and Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have turned our backs on Your teachings. We no longer look to You and Your Word for our standards of right and wrong, replacing those absolute truths with the whim of our own opinions. We have allowed decadence and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace. Common decency has become a thing of the past. We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance – a returning to You – as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
Supporting Verse: “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” –2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
2) Urgent Prayers
Several situations have come to light in the past week that need prayer, as the push to remove all public signs of religion continues (links are to news stories on other sites if you want more information). Please pray that God’s Will be done in these situations, and that safety and freedom of all be maintained.
- In an extremely dangerous situation, someone has been planting bombs near churches in New Mexico. So far no one has been hurt, although property damage has occurred, but authorities have not yet made any arrests.
- An atheist activist group is demanding that Mount Vernon Independent School District in Texas remove several quotes on school walls, including quotes from Ronald Reagan and George Washington, that the atheist group deems to be promoting religion.
- The Brandon High School Marching Band in Mississippi has been barred from performing half-time shows at football games because one of the songs they performed was a musical rendition of the hymn “How Great Thou Art.”
- An activist group is trying to get a Veterans’ Memorial taken down because it shows a silhouette of a soldier holding a gun and kneeling at the foot of a cross.
3) Please pray for the four American hostages still being held in Iran
- Jason Rezaian – a 39 year-old journalist working for the The Washington Post as their bureau chief in Tehran, Iran was arrested on charges of espionage and propaganda on July 22, 2014.
- Robert Levinson – now 67, went missing while in Iran in 2007. In 2010, his family received proof that he was still alive and being held prisoner. According to the AP, there is reason to believe that Levinson, a former FBI and DEA agent, was working undercover for the CIA at the time of his disappearance.
- Amir Hekmati – the 32 year-old former US Marine was visiting his grandmother and other relatives in Iran when he was arrested in 2011.
- Saeed Abedini – the 35 year-old pastor, husband, and father of two, has been held prisoner in Iran since the summer of 2012. Abedini was visiting relatives and helping to establish an orphanage when he was arrested.
4) The Lord’s Prayer sung as an anthem by Carman. May it inspire your worship & prayers.