Bro. Tim Gamble is sharing a great weekly prayer. Tim puts out some great preparedness content and I am grateful that he has allowed me to share his weekly prayer here. You can find Tim’s preparedness articles by clicking here.
This Week’s Prayer (in response to the terrorist attacks in France)
Heavenly King, O Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, who are in all places and fill all things; the treasury of blessings and giver of life: Come and abide in us, cleanse us from every stain, and save our souls, O Gracious Lord.
Father, You are our rock and our fortress. You are our deliverer, our strength, and our courage. In You we find refuge and comfort. We are in desperate need of that refuge, that comfort. Only a few days ago, the world was violently reminded that the dangers of Evil are very real, as pawns of the Evil One, carrying out the dictates of their false religion, created terror and chaos, bringing death and pain, in Paris, France. Hundreds of ordinary people, simply going about their everyday their lives, were brutally killed and injured by Muslims carrying out what they consider their religious duty. Families were ripped apart. Lives snuffed out. Many, many survivors will have to deal with their injuries, and their memories, for the rest of their lives. Many, many people will be dealing with the grief of loss of fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and friends.
Lord, remember those who died, who were murdered in those attacks, who have departed from this life. May that they have the hope of the resurrection. May that they found forgiveness of sins, eternal rest, the gift of Your kingdom, and the enjoyment of unending life with You.
Father of mercies and God of all comfort, come to the help of those who survived, who live on with the aftermath. Bring healing and mercy to those in need. Bring comfort and courage to those who lost loved ones. Take away fear, anxiety, and distress. Lord, we know that all trials of life are under Your care and that all things eventually work for the good of those who love You. Help the people of Paris, and all those affected by this Evil, to face and endure all with faith, courage, and wisdom. Grant that this trial may bring people closer to You, for You are our rock and refuge, our comfort and hope, our delight and joy. Help us to trust in Your love and compassion.
Lord Jesus, in Your great mercy You prayed for the forgiveness of those who crucified You, and You taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. Lord, I pray that You forgive those who committed these evil deeds, or in any way aided those who carried them out. Forgive those who plot future evil deeds in the name of their false religion. Bless them and guide them according to Your will, and most importantly save them from their false religion and the clutches of the Evil One. Show them the evil of their religion, and bring them to a true knowledge of You, to a point of true repentance for their sins, and to salvation in You. Lord, may Your forgiveness, goodness and love be revealed in all of us, to Your praise and glory.
Blessed is Your name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and ever and to the ages of ages.
It is in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, that we pray. Amen.
For Forgiveness and Repentance
Save and protect, O Lord, these United States of America and have mercy on us. As a nation, we have turned our backs on you and have sinned. We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away. We have allowed the epidemic of abortion to fester out of control. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools, and Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have turned our backs on Your teachings. We no longer look to You and Your Word for our standards of right and wrong, replacing those absolute truths with the whim of our own opinions. We have allowed decadence and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace. Common decency has become a thing of the past. We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance – a returning to You – as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
Against Demonic Influence
Almighty God, who delivered Your people from the bondage of the adversary, and through Your Son cast down Satan like lightning, deliver these United States of America also from every influence of the unclean spirits. Command Satan to depart far from these United States by the power of Your only begotten Son. Rescue this nation and its peple from demonic delusion and darkness. Fill the American people with the light of the Holy Spirit that we may be guarded against the snares of the crafty demons. Grant that angels always watch over our nation and lead us to the path of righteousness forever, to the honor of Your glorious name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and ever and to the ages of ages. Amen.
For Our Government Officials
Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon all leaders, politicians, and civil authorities of these United States of America. I especially hold up to you President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, Chief Justice John Roberts, House Speaker Paul Ryan, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. I also pray for all the President’s Cabinet members and advisers, the associate judges of the Supreme Court, all federal, state, and local judges, all members of the House of Representatives and Senate, as well as all governors, state legislators, and local authorities. Grant them wisdom in their duties and decisions, and have them serve Your Will in all things. Block all of their plots and schemes that run counter to Your good and perfect Will, or that threaten the inalienable rights You have given to us. (Additionally, please feel free to pray by name for any elected officials at any level, especially those with jurisdiction over your locality.)
For the Church in America
Remember, O Lord, Your Church, which You purchased with Your precious blood – protect it, strengthen it, and multiply it. Keep Your Church in peace, and bring to naught all plots and threats against Your Church. Have mercy, O Lord, upon the whole clergy of Your Church, and grant them the courage, wisdom, and strength needed to boldly preach and do Your Will during these perilous times. (Please pray by name for your church, your pastor or priest, and fellow church members.)
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the old, the young, the unborn, the needy and poor, the orphans and widows, the sick, the disabled, the oppressed and the imprisoned. Especially have mercy on those suffering for Your sake.
- Grant, O Lord, blessings and mercies to all current and former members of our armed forces. Save them, protect them, and keep them safe.
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on those who serve as police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, and other first responders.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the State of Israel. Shield it with Your love, protect it, and let it know peace. Send Your light and wisdom to its leaders, and direct them with Your good counsel.
Special Prayer Request
Please pray for God’s mercy and healing on the five Americans being held hostage in Iran. Pray for them to have the courage and strength they need to survive their ordeal. Pray that their captivity quickly come to an end, and that they return safely home very soon. Pray also for God to provide comfort and mercy to their families and friends.
- Siamak Namazi – an Iranian-American businessman arrested in late October while visiting relatives in Tehran. Details of his arrest are sketchy, and any charges have not been made public. However, it appears he was arrested by the intelligence division of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, and apparently is being held in Evin prison.
- Saeed Abedini – the 35 year-old pastor, husband, and father of two, has been held prisoner in Iran since the summer of 2012. Abedini was visiting relatives and helping to establish an orphanage when he was arrested. His captors have recently subjected him to new harsh interrogations, including using a stun gun on him, and are threatening him with new charges and an even longer sentence. NOTE: Please also pray for his wife, Naghmeh Abedini, who is dealing with tremendous emotional stress and difficult family issues.
- Jason Rezaian – a 39 year-old journalist working for the The Washington Post as their bureau chief in Tehran, Iran was arrested on charges of espionage and propaganda on July 22, 2014.
- Amir Hekmati – the 32 year-old former US Marine was visiting his grandmother and other relatives in Iran when he was arrested in 2011.
- Robert Levinson – now 67, went missing while in Iran in 2007. In 2010, his family received proof that he was still alive and being held prisoner. According to the AP, there is reason to believe that Levinson, a former FBI and DEA agent, was working undercover for the CIA at the time of his disappearance.
Why Patriots’ Prayers?
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” –2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
The core idea of Patriots’ Prayers is to get Americans praying together, seeking forgiveness for our nation and turning back to God (repentance). Please pray these prayers throughout the week, and have others join you in praying.