Bro. Tim Gamble is sharing a great weekly prayer. Tim puts out some great preparedness content and I am grateful that he has allowed me to share his weekly prayer here. You can find Tim’s preparedness articles by clicking here.
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” –2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” –1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NKJV)
1) Pray on Behalf of the United States for Forgiveness and Repentance
Save and protect, O Lord, these United States of America and have mercy on us. As a nation, we have turned our backs on you and have sinned. We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away. We have allowed the epidemic of abortion to fester out of control. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools, and Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have turned our backs on Your teachings. We no longer look to You and Your Word for our standards of right and wrong, replacing those absolute truths with the whim of our own opinions. We have allowed decadence and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace. Common decency has become a thing of the past. We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance – a returning to You – as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
2) Pray for Our Government Officials
Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon all leaders, politicians, and civil authorities of these United States of America. I especially hold up to you President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, Chief Justice John Roberts, House Speaker John Boehner, and Senate Majority Leader John Roberts. I also pray for all the President’s Cabinet members and advisers, the associate judges of the Supreme Court, all federal, state, and local judges, all members of the House of Representatives and Senate, as well as all governors, state legislators, and local authorities. Grant them wisdom in their duties and decisions, and have them serve Your Will in all things. Block all of their plots and schemes that run counter to Your good and perfect Will, or that threaten the inalienable rights You have given to us. (Additionally, please feel free to pray by name for any elected officials at any level, especially those with jurisdiction over your locality.)
3) Pray for the Church in America
Remember, O Lord, Your Church, which You purchased with Your precious blood – protect it, strengthen it, and multiply it. Keep Your Church in peace, and bring to naught all plots and threats against Your Church. Have mercy, O Lord, upon the whole clergy of Your Church, and grant them the courage, wisdom, and strength needed to boldly preach and do Your Will during these perilous times. (Please pray by name for your church, your pastor or priest, and fellow church members.)
4) Pray these Additional Prayers
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the old, the young, the unborn, the needy and poor, the orphans and widows, the sick, the disabled, the oppressed and the imprisoned. Especially have mercy on those suffering for Your sake.
- Grant, O Lord, blessings and mercies to all current and former members of our armed forces. Save them, protect them, and keep them safe.
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on those who serve as police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, and other first responders.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the State of Israel. Shield it with Your love, protect it, and let it know peace. Send Your light and wisdom to its leaders, and direct them with Your good counsel.
5) Prayer Points for This Week
Please pray, using your own words, for the following people and circumstances. If you are unsure of what to pray, just start talking to God, asking for His mercy on people, and His Will be accomplished in all circumstances.
- The victims of recent violence in Oregon, and throughout America. Remember, also, their family and friends.
- The victims of the recent storms and flooding in the Carolinas.
- The four Americans still being held in Iran – Jason Rezaian, Robert Levinson, Amir Hekmati, and Saeed Abedini.
- Pray for your family: pray for not just the individuals, but pray for the family as a unit – that you grow closer to each other and to God.
- Pray for someone you would not normally be motivated to pray for – a bothersome neighbor, irritating relative, or that jerk form work… Most of us know at least one person we don’t like or get along with. Pray for that person.